The Disrupting Influence Team of Glenn Kendrick Ackermann, Jason Piette and Ewan Dunbar, provides production, financing, development and sales services for commercially unique streaming, television, VOD and theatrical content.
On the streaming / television side, the DI team is in development with Netflix Original Series USA on an exciting new sci-fi show as executive producers and are actively developing others. On the feature side, our past films include Berlin, I Love You, the latest installment in the successful Cities of Love franchise (Paris je t’aime, New York I Love You) starring Keira Knightley and Helen Mirren and sold in association with Highland Film Group as well as Iron Sky, The Coming Race.
DI is delighted to have boarded A.I. action-thriller Infinite L∞p, written by studio level visual effects designer Bastiaan Koch who also created Is This Heaven. Infinite L∞p follows the lives of two San Francisco Bay Area A.I. tech-mogul brothers whose ambitions inadvertently cause an artificial super intelligence singularity. Bastiaan has collaborated with Michael Bay, Guillermo del Toro, Danny Boyle and Steven Spielberg to create some of the most memorable scenes and characters in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Transformers 2-4, The Avengers franchise, Pacific Rim, Sunshine, The Dark Knight, Ready Player One and most recently Bumblebee. Infinite L∞p is inspired by Bastiaan's science fiction short film Follow the Camera which has been acclaimed for its visual effects work and imagery in American Cinematographer and Gizmodo.
For our terrifying horror/thriller Ghost Divers, DI is presenting the first footage containing dangerous and rarely seen Caribbean shark activity shot by its seasoned open water filming crew to select buyers. Ghost Divers is being made by an experienced open water film crew headed by director Mark Clark who’s work includes Danger Coast, Ultimate Capture and Shark Week’s Laws of Jaws. Significant pre-sales have been secured with top theatrical distributors.
Depending on the project, the DI team is attached as producers and as sales agent. DI provides an individualized assessment for each project while maintaining the creative integrity of the filmmakers and minimizing risk exposure for its investors.
DI’s expertise includes:
• Script development from literary adaptations – novels, etc.
• Script development from existing screenplays
• Project assessment on commerciality, financial structure and creative packaging
• Review of existing finance plans as well as and advising on drafting original finance plans
•Navigating domestic and international tax incentives and international co-production treaties used to structure multi-territory co-productions
• Sourcing Gap, Bridge Finance and Equity
• Accessing to all levels of buyers as applicable to the project
• Evaluating existing sales estimates
• Preparing bankable sales estimates
• Film Market and Film Festival consultation and preparation
• Providing domestic and international sales agent services
• Providing physical delivery and QC services
• Acquisitions for international broadcasters and distributors
The eighteenth century embraced the idea of progress; the nineteenth century had evolution; the twentieth century had growth and innovation. Our era has disruption.